Losing Net3 node connection

I have a Eos Ti outputting SACN over a network to multiple 2 port DMX/RDM nodes.

For a while, I haven't been able to see one of the nodes in the console's NCE. I could control the fixtures connected to the node.

All of a sudden, recently, I've started losing control of the fixtures.

I haven't had a problem with any of the other nodes. The physical network hasn't been changed.

The node is powered POE. The fix has been to unplug the CAT5 to the node & reconnect. Once it powers up, it'll be good. Then without any notice, I'll lose control.

After reboot, I still won't see the node in the NCE.

Any thoughts??

Jeff

• I've recently been experiencing a very similar issue with a 4-port node amongst a rack of them monitoring with Concert! rather than NCE in a new system start up. So far I don't think we've lost DMX out, but I definitely lose the node from my pc. I too have found that rebooting the node brings communication with Concert! back. Tech Support was looking at logs and the configuration but haven't gotten back to me yet. I can update here if they find anything. Sounds like something may be gumming up in the nodes' network processing and eventually locking up.
  • Thanks for the reply...

What's odd is that after power cycling the node, I regain DMX connection with the fixtures, but I still don't see the node in NCE. I've also looked for it in Concert, in the past. It didn't show up there either.
  • As far being unable to see the gateway goes, that suggests it could have an incorrect IP address/subnet mask applied. One of the beauties of sACN is that it will work regardless of the IP address of a receiver, but that is require to be correct for configuration.

If you download ETC Concert, which has replaced GCE now, there is an option to Find Unreachable Devices. This will discover the gateway even if it has an incorrect IP/mask and will allow it to be reassigned.

Thanks

Dan

• Are your nodes set up with static IP addresses or are they getting assigned via DHCP?
  • All the other nodes are static, but as I haven't been able to see the problem node, I'm not sure about that one.

I haven't had a chance to check it through Concert using Dan's suggestion, though. If that works, I'll be setting it to static, if that hasn't already been done.

I do know that the EOS Ti's DHCP function is disabled.

Jeff

Related