Reconfig Net3 gateway IP address.

Hi

I have a Congo Jr, Net3 2 port acn gateway and Laptop with Congo Nomad. I had gate outputting DMX and Nomad working fine as backup.

Connected Node to a Mac Nomad setup and tried to configure but without success. Then fiddle to get it working with Congo Jr including resetting dynamic ip address on node.

Now I can't get Node off the id address range 169.254. .

Used Concert and GCE. I can see Congo Jr and laptop under View Non-Configuarable ACN device. Can't see Node.

When Node is off network then powered on it searches ip then sits at 169.254.63.109.

What's can I do to get Congo Jr and Node speaking again?!

Parents Reply Children
  • I left Concert - Find Unreachable Devices running on the Congo Jr for about 10 mins and it didn't pop up. It continued to search for devices. Is that long enough?
  • The 169.254.xxx.xxx address is the address that the gateway assigns itself when it doesn't receive an address from a DHCP server. That would be expected if the gateway was not connected to a network with an active DHCP server.

Is the Congo Jr. acting as a DHCP server?

Concert should still find the gateway, 10 minutes should be more than enough time.

It sounds like there is a network issue somewhere. Can you give a description of your network setup?
Related