Net 3 Two Port Gateway- Port Universe Change ?

Hi I have 4 two port net 3 gateways with port one being universe 1 and port two being universe 2.

I have found the need to use universe 3 but I do not know how to change the ports start addresses to be universe 3 & 4 .

I know I have to use the concert software but ,

1. Can I run the software from my Ion console?

2. Does the gateway have to be plugged into the net system while using the software? 

Parents
  • 1. yes. Exit to shell - maintainance. There should be a button net3 concert (not sure if that's the exact label, but something alike). Click on it and you are in the concert software.

2. since the concert software 'talks' to the gateways, they obviously need to be connected to the network (not necessarily to any fixtures on the DMX side, but to the Ethernet).

Hope that helps
  • when Concert launches it will open with a dialog where you have a couple of choices. give it half a minute to scout your network and then click Network Map. concert will then draw your network structure. one of the objects it draws is your Ion andother one is a cloud (that represents your network infrastructure like switches) and then depending on how many things you have connected to your network you will see additional symbols. one should be your 2port gatway. to change the ports just double click it. change what you want, click Apply. on the display of the 2port Gateway it should now show the nnew port assignment. exit concert, exit from the shell and click Primary again
  • when Concert launches it will open with a dialog where you have a couple of choices. give it half a minute to scout your network and then click Network Map. concert will then draw your network structure. one of the objects it draws is your Ion andother one is a cloud (that represents your network infrastructure like switches) and then depending on how many things you have connected to your network you will see additional symbols. one should be your 2port gatway. to change the ports just double click it. change what you want, click Apply. on the display of the 2port Gateway it should now show the nnew port assignment. exit concert, exit from the shell and click Primary again
Children
No Data
Related