4 Port Gateway with 5 pin Input port?

Hi, I have a 4 Port Gateway with 5 pin male ports. Where can this type of setup be connected to. I can't send data to moving heads for example because the female end of a dmx cable needs to fit into the gateway leaving me with the male end to connect to BLANK? What are some things I can connect to ? 

Parents
  • you can use it to input DMX data and have it converted and shared on the network. you can also reconfigure the ports to be outputs (Net3 Concert would be the software to do that) and use a gender changer (just a short DMX cable with female connectors on both sides) to connect your regular DMX run to the gateway.
    if you have a Net3 4port Gateway (rather than a Response gateway) you can also contact your dealer. the connectors are mounted on modules that can be swapped for female versions.

you can always check if your ports are configured as inputs or outputs when checking the display of the gateway:
    3-> is an output for universe 3
    1<- is an input for universe 1
  • you can use it to input DMX data and have it converted and shared on the network. you can also reconfigure the ports to be outputs (Net3 Concert would be the software to do that) and use a gender changer (just a short DMX cable with female connectors on both sides) to connect your regular DMX run to the gateway.
    if you have a Net3 4port Gateway (rather than a Response gateway) you can also contact your dealer. the connectors are mounted on modules that can be swapped for female versions.

you can always check if your ports are configured as inputs or outputs when checking the display of the gateway:
    3-> is an output for universe 3
    1<- is an input for universe 1
Children
No Data
Related