Can Net3 talk to Net2?

Hello all,

I know this has to be answered somewhere already but I can't find it.

My venue is currently running primarily on a Net2 System.  I believe my 4 port Gateway in FOH is going bad. We purchased a new one but of course we got a Net3 one not knowing they were no longer backwards compatible. Can I leave all the nodes that are running ETC Net2 and swap out the Gateway and still have everything work together, or do I need the Net2 nodes converted to Net3, to make it work. What about my CEM + Modules?  Do they need to be changed or software updated?

Thanks

Parents
  • I'm not seeing that your question really got answered in this, though a lot of good points were raised.
    Question 1) - the 4 port gateway at FOH, were those input sleds (male XLR) that took the DMX out of the AVO board and transmitted NET2 to the rest of your system?
    Question 2) - did your dimmers with the CEM+ controllers take DMX from one of the NET2 output nodes around your venue?

If Q1 and Q2 are both yes, then my answer to your question is that truly you need to swap the rest of your EDMX based NET2 nodes over to NET3 - OR - hit up EBAY or another used gear site and find an older generation NET3 gateway that can support NET2.
    Most probably your dimmers are just taking DMX from a node and don't know (or care) about what is feeding that node.
  • I'm not seeing that your question really got answered in this, though a lot of good points were raised.
    Question 1) - the 4 port gateway at FOH, were those input sleds (male XLR) that took the DMX out of the AVO board and transmitted NET2 to the rest of your system?
    Question 2) - did your dimmers with the CEM+ controllers take DMX from one of the NET2 output nodes around your venue?

If Q1 and Q2 are both yes, then my answer to your question is that truly you need to swap the rest of your EDMX based NET2 nodes over to NET3 - OR - hit up EBAY or another used gear site and find an older generation NET3 gateway that can support NET2.
    Most probably your dimmers are just taking DMX from a node and don't know (or care) about what is feeding that node.
Children
No Data
Related