trouble shooting etc gateway

The normal setup in our theater is. We use a Etc gateway to merge dmx from  our ION and the controle desk of a visiting group.

this worked fine till one group brought a old etc express 24/48 as there lighting desk, the gateway could not handle the signal.

again i checked same setup with a different lighting desk (complete photon) it worked fine... so no misconfiguration in the gateway or broken cable.

But when i connected the Etc express from the group direct to our dimmers (bypass the gateway) everything worked fine as well. so the desk was sending out DMX as well....

any idea where the problem can be found??

Parents
  • There are a number of things that you could investigate...
    We're both consoles turned ON at the same time?
    Express console settings. What is the output speed of the ports?
    On the Gateway, is there a display? Does the gateway show it is receiving DMX with the icon change?
    On the network, Use sACN viewer and see what is displayed across the network settings...
  • Thank you for the reply. Your suggestion 2 and 4 i have to delve dieper into the stuff. Now that's outside my knowledge. But the problem had to do with the Etc Express console. It had only 128 channels and by default the patching was set that ch 1 was linked to 4 different dmx adreses 1-129-257-385 and ch 2 dmx 2-130-258-386 and so on. After clearing the default patch the problem was solved
  • Thank you for the reply. Your suggestion 2 and 4 i have to delve dieper into the stuff. Now that's outside my knowledge. But the problem had to do with the Etc Express console. It had only 128 channels and by default the patching was set that ch 1 was linked to 4 different dmx adreses 1-129-257-385 and ch 2 dmx 2-130-258-386 and so on. After clearing the default patch the problem was solved
Children
No Data
Related