Net2 Tour Node behaving oddly.

Hello all, we have two ETC Net2 Four-Port Tour Nodes that are currently behaving very oddly and wondering if anyone has some insight on what might solve the problem. The Nodes are in Net1 mode, as we are using an Express 48/96 console (will they work in Net2 mode?)

Here are the symptoms as best as I can describe...

• The Nodes are plugged into switched power outlets (ie there's a light switch on the wall and they also pass through an ILC LightMaster relay-switch system) so that we can flip a switch and they turn on along with all the LED's on the same circuit.
  • Sometimes they turn on normally (like yesterday) and connect to the network and everything works fine - indicated by the green ethernet light blinking at a rapid pace.
  • Now, sometimes (like today), they are turned on and after the boot up, the ethernet light blinks slowly. Since yesterday when they were switched off nothing has changed in the system and the venue has been dark.
  • The weird thing is, if I unplug the power from this switched outlet, and plug them into a wall with an extension cord, they "reset" and re-connect to ethernet (fast blink), I can then re-plug them into the switched power and they'll maintain the connection after rebooting.
  • Is it something in the power-switch that is causing the unit to not connect to the network?
  • When the ethernet light is slow-blinking, the connected device channels can be brought up, but they too blink instead of stay on steady.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further; it seems like a power issue, or is it the network?

Thanks

Parents
  • Is the Ethernet switch also being turned off and on? This sounds like sometimes the switch comes up first and sometimes the node does.
  • Actually, the switch is always on in a rack, so unfortunately that's probably not it.

I wonder though if there's some sort of latency issue with the ports being dormant after the nodes being powered down for awhile and then reactivated?

I did another test this morning: this time just unplugging the Node from power for ~20s and plugging back in to turn on (previously I had tested similarly, but with an extension cord to a whole other circuit). This time they both booted up and connected with normal communication.
  • Actually, the switch is always on in a rack, so unfortunately that's probably not it.

I wonder though if there's some sort of latency issue with the ports being dormant after the nodes being powered down for awhile and then reactivated?

I did another test this morning: this time just unplugging the Node from power for ~20s and plugging back in to turn on (previously I had tested similarly, but with an extension cord to a whole other circuit). This time they both booted up and connected with normal communication.
Children
No Data
Related