ETC Element

I tried using an older netgear wgt 624 v3 router to iRFR to our ETC Element console. Android and iPhone connect to the router, no problem. ETC tech support helped configure the console network options. They said I'd have to change the schema (ip addresses) on the router. The router WAN options do not allow IP address changes. Router will not connect with ETC Element console. 

It was suggested to use a wireless access point instead.

Seeking information on Wireless Access Point devices known to work with ETC Element console. 

Parents
  • Most WiFi routers have a setting "use as access point" or something similar. I don't see that in a quick scan of a manual I found, but if you can find it that might solve all your issues. Maybe Netgear support can help. The manual shows all the basic settings are available: static IP for the router, DHCP can be disabled, etc. I'd recommend turning off all the firewall and security features except wireless encryption.
    documentation.netgear.com/.../FullManual.pdf

You can use a huge range of inexpensive devices that have an access point only setting. I've used many Netgear, LinkSys, Belkin and other common brands. There are too many models out there get detailed.

Or maybe you can find someone with IT skills to come take a look at it. Sometime being at the device is far easier than describing stuff online or over the phone.
  • Most WiFi routers have a setting "use as access point" or something similar. I don't see that in a quick scan of a manual I found, but if you can find it that might solve all your issues. Maybe Netgear support can help. The manual shows all the basic settings are available: static IP for the router, DHCP can be disabled, etc. I'd recommend turning off all the firewall and security features except wireless encryption.
    documentation.netgear.com/.../FullManual.pdf

You can use a huge range of inexpensive devices that have an access point only setting. I've used many Netgear, LinkSys, Belkin and other common brands. There are too many models out there get detailed.

Or maybe you can find someone with IT skills to come take a look at it. Sometime being at the device is far easier than describing stuff online or over the phone.
Children
No Data
Related