ETC 8 port DMX/RDM Gateway

What is the likelihood of an 8 port version of the DMX/RDM gateway being manufactured? I realize that 2 of the 4 port gateways can be rack mounted together, but that doubles the amount of network connections that are needed, doubles the amount of IP addresses needed, and not to mention the number of power supplies needed if not using POE.

• Hi,

As we like to say - ETC is always working on new and exciting products. However, we do not offer any gateways above 4 ports currently; if you are just after sACN -> DMX functionality, of course there are other manufacturers out there who do have 8+ port gateways.

• The hope was something in the future that can be configured in Concert, use the Updaterator functionality, and RDM functionality at the desk, while being 8 ports. I know that Pathport Octos do some of these things in their own way, but I can’t update firmware through them.

• Sure, that certainly makes sense. ESTA is currently working on a standard (E1.33, or "RDMNet") which will make some of those facilities (RDM and configuration of gateways) somewhat standard across manufacturers, and we are certainly planning to implement that when it's done. But there will of course always be a few things that are manufacturer-specific. Anyway, watch our website for more gateway news coming soon!

Related