2.x.x.x and 10.x.x.x problems

Hello!

Not clearly a ETC question, but you are so wise and kind so I try here... ;-)

I have a light network running my sACN to ETC nodes on 10.101.x.x

I have also, on the same network 14 ADB Warp-M connected. they run on 2.16.x.x

When I connect a laptop running 2.1.1.1 mask 255.0.0.0 and open the browser and entering the IP of one warp-M the browser start to load the web interface of the light, but then say "no connection to internet" or what windows say when no network connection.

it's like it times out. 

I tested while my Cobalt was on, running lights on stage... 

Any idea what to do?

Thanks, J

• Have you tried isolating 1 fixture and your laptop to see what happens?

Try another web browser?

Are your fixtures receiving data and controllable from Artnet??

Have you tried a stand alone Artnet software tester?

Is there any reason why the laptop is on 2.1.xx and not 2.16.xx??  (Artnet can be very picky)

Is there any reason why the fixtures are still on 2.xxx?

Can you update fixture addresses to fit in the console network layout?  10.101.xx, this would be ideal.

• Have you tried isolating 1 fixture and your laptop to see what happens?

I used to connect direct with the fixture from the laptop. That was the way I could set them up.

Try another web browser?

Se answer 1. (No haven't tried)

Are your fixtures receiving data and controllable from Artnet??

No, they get the data over DMX. 

Have you tried a stand alone Artnet software tester?

No, my interest is not to controll any thing over ArtNet, I want to get in to the setup over a browser.

Is there any reason why the laptop is on 2.1.xx and not 2.16.xx??  (Artnet can be very picky)

The lights and the Laptop have the mask 255.0.0.0 and I haven't changed a bit from before. not all Warp M have 16 as 2nd bit. making it not usefull to run 255.255.0.0

Is there any reason why the fixtures are still on 2.xxx?

I don't want them to listen to my sACN channels. they get the data from DMX and the network is setup only.

Can you update fixture addresses to fit in the console network layout?  10.101.xx, this would be ideal.

It's not possible to (without special help) change more then the 2 and 10...

From the manual:

The WARP can either work with - or a fixed IP address format 2.x.x.x - or a fixed IP address format 10.x.x.x - or a DHCP assigned dynamic IP address. The fixed IP address is an ArtNet IP address, i.e. 2.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x. The three bytes x.x.x are created on the basis of the serial number of the WARP. (If necessary it is possible to change the fixed IP address.)

Thanks.

Related