MA2 not speaking to all channels in sensor rack 3+

1. so I have a bit of an odd one. I am taking a show into a full etc house with a hired MA2 console. I am controlling the rig via Sacn and the installed net 3 gateways in the venue. All 10 of my intelligent fixture universes work fine. Universe one which controls the house dimms I have control of some but not all of the channels in the sensor rack 3 installation, when shown the racks themselves by the in house techs in the about menu, control source for individual channels showed a majority being Sacn which I can control no issue and about 1/3 to 1/4 of the channels in the rack having no control source and not responding to the MA. Does anyone know how I can make all of the channels in each rack respond to the MA or why this might be happening. For info I am running 3.4.0.2 on MA not sure about sensor racks or version of concert.
  2. cheers
  3. matt
  • As an addition I read all data from ma as correct via Sacn viewer at multiple points on the network 

• I've got nothing but boy do I want to hear about this, because it's weird.

Did the house console have any trouble controlling those circuits via Net3?

There is a manual patch option in the Sensor CEM for editing individual circuit patching, either DMX or sACN. If they've never done this on purpose could the configuration have been corrupted to mimic this behavior? Or if it's a contiguous range of circuits, has the rack count been changed somehow?

• I'm wondering if the Sensor racks have a pre-release version of sACN. Regardless it' sounds like a call to tech support next time you're on site.

• So found a workaround restarted venue venue Ti noticed not all dimmers were patched created a 1/1 showfile tested all dimms via TI then switched back to MA and full control was to be had by me and much rejoicing followed. It seems that something in the eos /etc system was disabling the UN patched dimms 

• I had a similar issue with a show that brought in a Ma2, controlling our house dimmers (Sensor + v3.1.3) and Net3 gateways.

• Ma2 outputting unicast sACN  to gateways with defined universes and IP addresses.
    • Ma2 outputting multicast sACN to dimmers.
    • Dimmers seemed to work fine, was some slight lag at first (2-3 seconds) but the lag went away. The dimmers we were using were also patched in the house EOS console.
    • Some gateways didn't work until they were rebooted. They showed up in Concert but no response to the Ma2 until either a soft reboot or hard (unplug) reboot.
    • None of the Ma2 sACN traffic ever appeared in sACNView running on a laptop on the network or on the EOS sACN viewer tab.
    • We did have to change the IP address for the MA2 to be in the 10.101.x.x range, but for some reason the operator insisted that the subnet mask should be 255.0.0.0, not 255.255.0.0.

I was never able to get a good resolution because we were able to get the everything to work and then had no time to experiment during the 4 day event.

Still confused why sACNViewer never saw the Ma2 traffic- it really made me nervous to not be able to troubleshoot by seeing what the Ma2 was sending.

Moral of the story: for some reason, it's not yet plug-and-play for Ma2 with an ETC system.

-Todd

• I know it's been a while, but make sure your sACN settings are correct on the MA2 - specifically the priority (typically should be 100) and the protocol version (should be "final").  I had this exact issue with the same hardware.

MA2 Screenshot

Related