Configuring Net2 + Sensor CEM+

So I just discovered last night that my venue had been wired for Net2 when it was built 11 years ago.

However the NET2 addresses do not match the DMX address assignments. (Which seems odd because my Rack 1 is a linear 48 dimmers and my Rack 2 is a balanced 48. Neither align)

Also, EDMX was disabled on my racks, so I don't know if it was ever properly configured.

My NET2 knowledge is limited to the manual I just found and tried to understand an hour ago.... I'm not back in the venue until the end of the week.

What should I be looking for?

Most obvious thing would be that I'd need to configure the racks data input properly.... but I don't know if that explains all of the inconsistencies.

Would I have to patch every dimmer's EDMX address?

Something else I'm not seeing?

Granted, until I get back into the venue and plug in my laptop, I'm not going to know how each dimmer is patched. but it seems odd that DMX-A & DMX-B are properly addressed, but the EDMX address is random.

Thanks for any tips!

• It does sound like your racks might have not had their EDMX patch matched to their DMX patch - you can edit all the patches (including range editing/auto patching) from both the front panel of the CEM+, or from the web interface if you have a PC available on the network.

If using a PC, be aware you may need to change some internet explorer settings in order to get the web interface to work - see here for IE11, if an older version search for Internet Explorer on the ETC site.

I would say the first step is enable EDMX; then look at the patch tables to see how it's patched, and you can adjust from there. You can save a backup copy of the configuration from the "Files" page, which I would definitely recommend before making changes. 

• I just wanted to send a thank you and an update.

Yes. My Net2 EDMX address assignments were all over the map. Weird how they made no logical sense.

Reconfigured the addresses, had a brief panic when I thought I might have restored a liner patch rather than my balanced patch. but all was well.

I was running v.2.1.0.9.0.24 from 2006... Upgraded to 3.1.3.9.0.44 and now the web interface matches the manual.

The only question I have now is my system now shows a sACN input option... That's not Net3 Concert, It's just sACN?

• Yes, you upgraded the sensor + CEMs to a sw version that can accept sACN (ETC's Net3). I don't think that option was ready yet in version 2.1.0.

You should be able to configure the racks using Concert now, as well.

-Todd

Related