Network Glitch

Hi,

We had an issue last week whereby two of our Gio@5 consoles dropped offline after a Showfile re-load. At the same time, it seems that there was an issue with how our four Netgear network switches lost communication across spanning tree. The result being that the Primary Gio@5 was still connected to switch 1, and although the other three switches were still connected, my colleagues could not get the other two Gio@5's back online. To get round the problem, switch 1 was disconnected from the other three switches, and a Congo Jr was plugged up so they could regain control of lighting in the two studios they had no control over, as a temporary work around.

The previous night, I was working on Concert 3, re-configuring the output ports on Gateway 1, to carry out some tests for future expansion of our Universe count, and that too went offline and unavailable in Concert 3. I eventually managed to get it back online by removing PoE and re-booting it, and when I left at 04:30 everything was working as expected.

We are currently at a loss as to what happened when the Showfile was re-loaded, as it shouldn't impact on the network switches.

The network consists of:

3 x Gio@5

6 x 4 port Gateways

4 x Netgear GS724TP v2 switches

5 x ETC Sensor 3+ dimmer racks

Interrogating the Network map last night, two of the Sensor 3+ racks (Studio B) are not visible.

Any thoughts anyone, or has anyone had anything similar happen ?

Thanks

Ian

Related