Net3 ACN Gateway Won't Connect to Eos Network

I'm having some trouble with a 4-port Net3 ACN Gateway. It's connected and powered directly from the back of an Eos Classic console. IP address of the gateway is set to 172.16.23.103, static. IP address on the console is 172.16.23.5, also static. Subnet on both is 255.255.255.0, and Default Gateway on both is 0.0.0.0. Another gateway on our network is also directly connected to the Eos, with IP address 172.16.23.101 (dynamic), same subnet and default gateway settings. This gateway works as expected. If I exit to the shell on the Eos, I can ping the gateway ending in 101, but not the one ending in 103. Gateway 103 does not appear in GCE or Concert

I have tried using GCE on my laptop (172.16.23.104, static), and I can access it there. My laptop's IP settings are set to match the subnet mask and default gateway of the rest of the system, but is not connected to any other ETC devices.

Is there something else I'm missing here?

If there's any questions, I'm happy to answer them

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • A few questions-

I assume one of your devices is a DHCP server- which device is it and are you sure that there is only one DHCP server? (it sounds like the only things in the network are the console and gateways but just checking)

Is there a reason you are mixing static and dynamic IP's on the gateways? What happens if you reset the .103 gateway so it gets a dynamic address?

When you connect your laptop, are you connecting directly to the gateway or to the EOS? I'm confused when you say laptop is "not connected to other ETC devices".

-Todd

• There is a network switch that was installed by the theater's IT department, which I believe acts as the DHCP server. Unfortunately, I can't say for certain because it was set up by the IT department without

When I set the 103 gateway to a dynamic IP address, regardless of what it's connected to, it takes the address 169.254.126.167. The only way I can get it to stay at the correct IP address is to use a static IP. The Eos console is on a static IP address set by our IT department. My laptop is on a static IP address set by me for troubleshooting purposes.

My laptop is connected directly to the 103 gateway, isolated from the lighting network for troubleshooting purposes. I had to do this in order to be able to configure IP settings to match the 169.254.x.x IP scheme of the gateway.

• The 103 gateway isn't seeing the DHCP server, which is why it defaults to a 169.254.xxx.xxx address (that's the link local address that devices will assume when they don't get an address from a DHCP server).

Have you tried a complete reset of the gateway by holding down the front button for 5 seconds when your are on the menu item "Restore Defaults?"

I can't think of a reason why one gateway would get a dynamic IP and another wouldn't when they are both starting from the as-shipped config.

-Todd

• The 103 gateway isn't seeing the DHCP server, which is why it defaults to a 169.254.xxx.xxx address (that's the link local address that devices will assume when they don't get an address from a DHCP server).

Have you tried a complete reset of the gateway by holding down the front button for 5 seconds when your are on the menu item "Restore Defaults?"

I can't think of a reason why one gateway would get a dynamic IP and another wouldn't when they are both starting from the as-shipped config.

-Todd

Children
No Data
Related