Sensor Dimmers Flickering & Randomly Turning On/Off

For the past few weeks, we’ve been having some problems with our two ETC Sensor Dimmer Packs with CEM+ Control modules.  We’ve had lights across our grid start flickering randomly and more recently we’ve had lights go on and off for random amount of time without us touching anything.  It is only has happened on a few dimmers that we’ve seen so far (under 10 of our 192 dimmers).  It is not the lamp of the lights as multiple lights on the same dimmer do it at the same time.  In addition, we set the intensities on the dimmer so the problem isn’t coming from our lighting board (Express 72/144) or our Unison System.
What do you recommend in order to try to resolve this?  We read this page about flickering related to airflow issues and were thinking of completing those steps.  But, before we power down the entire unit, we wanted to check if anyone had any ideas about the problems.
Thanks for the help!
  • Divide it up and look at each section.
    Is it one rack or both?
    Is it one phase? (Dimmers near each other )
    Do they do it when off?

And then call tech support!
  • Just to clarify, you set the lights at an intensity, then they flicker randomly? Or are they flickering without you even setting an intensity? If they are flickering once you set the intensity then it could be the power cubes in the dimmers failing.

As a test you could try swapping the dimmer module with a know working one and see if the flashing still happens with the same lights or if it follows the dimmer module. If the flashing follows the dimmer module, then it's probably the power cube.

I would still call ETC to see what they say. And if they determine it's the power cubes here's a video on how to replace them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAuLQIMhHos
  • I am having the same problem at my facility. Did you find a solution?
Related