Replacing an MPE on a Sensor Rack

Good Evening.

Our electrical shop at the SF Opera has determined that our ETC Sensor rack, Model # SP-2420B is not working due to a faulty MPE.  Can one use a CEM classic processor in this model  Sensor rack by simply using the secret menu to configure it to control a 24 dimmer rack?  I do not know if the connections are identical or not. 

Thank you.

Michael Anderson

Parents
  • The answer is that it will ‘probably’ work.
    Most portable packs were sold with MPE but ETC did sell an Advanced Feature (AF) pack that came with CEM. The installation guide for the packs references both the MPE and the CEM for AF. I’m not 100% sure that the backplane connectors are the same. If you have both, and connections are the same, then you can use the CEM and the ‘not so secret’ menu to configure the pack.
  • The answer is that it will ‘probably’ work.
    Most portable packs were sold with MPE but ETC did sell an Advanced Feature (AF) pack that came with CEM. The installation guide for the packs references both the MPE and the CEM for AF. I’m not 100% sure that the backplane connectors are the same. If you have both, and connections are the same, then you can use the CEM and the ‘not so secret’ menu to configure the pack.
Children
No Data
Related