sACN connects only if console booted last

Hi,

I've got (6) Sensor3 racks running CEM3 firmware v1.5.1.9.0.29

My console is a GIO running v2.3.3 connected via a Netgear GS728TP 24-port switch, running sACN to the racks.

Everything is static IP:

GIO 10.101.90.101

Subnet 255.255.0.0

Default Gateway 10.101.1.1

Racks 1-6 are IP's 10.101.90.111 - 116

When I boot up the racks 1st and console 2nd, everything works great.

If I boot the console 1st and the racks 2nd, there's no sACN connection from the console and I have to reboot the GIO to get the sACN network connection working.

I don't mind having to boot the console last, but this behavior causes me trouble sometimes when I get into work early and flip the racks on hours later.  Is there some function in the CEM3 modules, Netgear switch, or GIO that might allow for the console not to care what order devices are turned on?

Parents
  • Hi Jason,

thanks for the detailed information. If the Eos software boots up in the Gio console, and there is no

network connection, then the Eos Software will not connect once a network does come online. The Eos

software needs to be restarted for the initial network connection to complete.

Is the switch always on? It sounds like the switch is getting turn off when the racks,

and when the racks get turned on, then the switch is turned on.

If this is the case, then either the switch needs to be left running, all the time,

OR, a second switch needs to be put in the booth with the console, so the console has a switch

connected at all times, OR, boot the console up after the racks (and switch) are booted up.

• That's exactly what happens, and when I reboot the console it's all fine. Would it be feasible to allow the console to sense a network connection (if it was booted without one) and then start sending sACN when it does? I don't know what that entails, maybe it's a future feature request?

But yes, the Netgear switch is plugged into a courtesy out on one of the racks, so it goes on & off with the main power. I'll plug the switch into a wall outlet and let it stay on to see if that allows the GIO to stay connected regardless of boot order.
  • That's exactly what happens, and when I reboot the console it's all fine. Would it be feasible to allow the console to sense a network connection (if it was booted without one) and then start sending sACN when it does? I don't know what that entails, maybe it's a future feature request?

But yes, the Netgear switch is plugged into a courtesy out on one of the racks, so it goes on & off with the main power. I'll plug the switch into a wall outlet and let it stay on to see if that allows the GIO to stay connected regardless of boot order.
Children
No Data
Related