CEM+ Configuration

I work for a Public School system and we have two Sensor Dimmer racks that were installed in 2006. I am currently troubleshooting a problem where dimmer numbers and circuit numbers are not matching up. At our other high school that just had a new system lighting system installed (CEM3 and I love it!) dimmer match circuits and we love it. Here is what I know:

On Rack 1 in the CEM+ Configuration, all Dimmer Numbers match the Position numbers, as well as the DMX address information, however on each dimmer the dimmer's label does not match the number: I.e. the following is shown for Dimmer 1:

Dimmer No. = 1

Label = Dimmer 5

Pos = 1

DMX = 1 eDMX = 1

When we call Dimmer 1, from either the Dimmer Check in the CEM+ Online page, or on the Express Facepanel (with Emphasis) circuit 15 comes up. I know this means that circuit 15 terminates at position 1 in Rack 1. How do I edit the CEM+ configuration to match this? Ideally we want to be able to call Dimmer No 1 from either the dimmer rack, or the face-panel and have circuit 1 come up.

We have no problems with Rack 2 and the Dimmer Number matches the Label and DMX address info in the configuration, however, the position number do not match the dimmer numbers. I am assuming this is normal, and supposed to be that way. 

We are trying to correct the problem without having a technician come out. Also we are 2 weeks away from a musical.

Parents
  • I believe your racks are setup to be "balanced" which means that the circuit order does not match the module order. This is done on purpose and I'm guessing your first rack has had it's CEM reset without the "balanced" mode turned on. It should be solvable with a call to etc tech service.
  • As you have an Ethernet network, the Net3 Concert software can be used to (re)configure your racks.
    - And (more importantly!) store a copy of the configuration so you can put it back next time somebody changes things by accident.

I would recommend downloading and installing Concert on a suitable PC, then giving ETC Tech Services a call.
    They can talk you through downloading the current configuration into Concert, making changes and uploading them back.

As you've now got the list put together, it should be a simple (albeit tedious) case of copying it into the software.
  • As you have an Ethernet network, the Net3 Concert software can be used to (re)configure your racks.
    - And (more importantly!) store a copy of the configuration so you can put it back next time somebody changes things by accident.

I would recommend downloading and installing Concert on a suitable PC, then giving ETC Tech Services a call.
    They can talk you through downloading the current configuration into Concert, making changes and uploading them back.

As you've now got the list put together, it should be a simple (albeit tedious) case of copying it into the software.
Children
No Data
Related