CEM Classic, Low Voltage regardless of scale.

I have a 24x12k CEM Classic that outputs 116v (126v input) regardless of output scale.  It's set to 120v scale on each dimmer right now but that doesn't seem to change anything.  Lights on this rack are visibly dim.  I don't see any other issues with the rack or modules, DMX present and error free.  We will be getting another brain to swap from our rental house today but wanted to see if there was anything obvious or another setting I should be checking.  Our only other racks are strand CD80s and we see 123v at the lights.

Thanks

Parents
  • So you have 24 D100 modules in an SR48 Rack? (24x12k)
    Because you said in relating to the CD80’s “…we see 123v at the lights.” Are you doing all your out measuring at the load (light) end? With or without the light connected? There are fairly large ‘chokes’ on a D100 and with a larger gage wire on a long run a voltage drop of 10 or more volts would not be unheard of.
  • Yes on 24 D100AF modules.

Measurements have been on open pockets while other lights have been running. When metering just now on an open pocket and no load on the rack I get 117v. Rack is fed by dual 4/0 3-phase runs. The lights the rack will be running are about 100'-150' away, that line loss is inevitable, it's the lower voltage at the rack we'd like to solve.
  • You should go ahead and give Technical Support a call at 1-800-688-4116. That will make it easier to do some back and forth questions about the situation.
Reply Children
No Data
Related