Dimmer Doubler Flicker

We're looking in to dimmer doubling at my church to expand our available channels on one of our FOH catwalks.  We've got 4 year old Sensor3 racks with CEM3 (1.3.0.9.0.14) control modules.  I've installed the dimmer doubler on a spare channel, changed the rack config firing mode for that channel to DD, and installed 77V lamps in 2 spare fixtures.

The problem is that when I bring up either the A or B channel by itself, I get flicker.  When I bring the A channel up by itself, it performs as expected (no flicker), but the B channel flickers a low level.  When I bring the B channel up by itself, it flickers itself; the A channel does not flicker in this case.  When I bring both channels up together, I don't have the flicker.  The flicker doesn't have any discernible pattern.

There is a separate issue that I don't know if affecting the dimmer doubling.  For some reason, our design consultant spec'ed D20E modules for all 3 of our SR48 racks.  However, the modules are set as D20 in the rack config.  We haven't had any issues with this previously, so I don't know if it's a problem or not.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam Geron

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related