Adding a second sensor rack, but I can’t make it work

Hello Forums,

I’m still a very new electrician so please bear with my hit or miss knowledge of terminology. So the place I’m working at has a Sensor rack with 24 dimmers and a CEM+, it has dmx running straight from the rack to the board (ETC element) in the other room. I wasn’t here when it was set up, it’s always just worked fine. We’ve rented another one (exact same model) and I connected the second rack to the original (they’re both in A) and set the start address on the second rack to the next address after the first rack. Everything looks like it should work according to the manual and my own limited knowledge but I don’t have any control of things plugged into the second rack, they have power but I don’t have control from the board and I’m not sure what to do next.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Parents Reply
  • Swap the racks to see if the issue moves.
    Check the rack menu's for DMX output.
    Check the console output (channel) # about
    Apply a DMX tester or fixture to the chain after the 2nd rack to verify DMX through (bad cable?)

Call tech support! Free, knowledgeable, you WON'T be the stupidest person they talk to that day, and they wouldn't give you a hard time if you were!
Children
No Data
Related