Smart link wall mount output voltage

Our church uses a Smartlink wall pack 12 channel dimmer currently to dim the house lights.  The current house lights are 250W halogen canister lights.  We have researching different options for house lights and have decided on a 10,800 lumen LED fixture with 64 diodes.  The new fixture requires a 0-10V dimming signal.   When I look at the specs for the Smartlink, it doesn't give the output signal voltage for dimming.   What is the control signal voltage output on the Smartlink???

Parents
  • That's not really an option with the equipment you currently have. The "output voltage" of the dimmers will 120v, and the control is digital. To convert from what you have you'll need a DMX-Analog 0-10 converter and a way to communicate with the converter. Do you currently use a console to control the houselights? Do you also have SmartLink stations (wall buttons)?  There are also potential problems with providing the new fixtures with power through the dimmers even if they are on at full. Some led fixtures dislike the way the power comes from a circuit that has dimming electronics in it. Need some more info to help more. 

• You'll need the 0-10v control card for the smart link rack.  This will allow you to provide the control signal to the LEDs.  The dimmer module is still required to power these fixtures, however the config on the processor will need to be changed on the dimmer that are converted to run the LEDs.

• Glenn.Gould said:

You'll need the 0-10v control card for the smart link rack.  This will allow you to provide the control signal to the LEDs.  The dimmer module is still required to power these fixtures, however the config on the processor will need to be changed on the dimmer that are converted to run the LEDs.

Glenn, are you sure that this is a part that exists for SmartLink?  This is not Unison or Sensor which have these options, or the newer versions of SmartLink with ThruPower, but the older style wall packs.  I remember specifying this pack for a project a little over a year ago that the engineer then changed the fixture to an LED.  We initially thought we'd be able to keep the SmartLink, but eventually had to upgrade to a full Unison to gain the 0-10v option.  There are some 0-10v control options available from Pathway, but the challenge there with SmartPack (again at the time we were specifying this project) was that the switched mode of the dimmer only would trigger at 50%, not at the 1-5% that was needed for switching LED's off.  Again, this may have changed, and the pack may only need a firmware update to make this happen, and the 0-10v card may have been adapted for the newer packs and can be retro-fitted into the old packs.  It would be good to find this out from my standpoint.

• As long as it is a Drd style smartLink rack it is possible. Just installed one a few months ago.  Happy to have this option for the lower cost arch system.

• Yeah, I see where you're coming from now, but I bet that this isn't a DRd-6/12 with D20 dual removable modules, but rather an SL1210-W SmatLink Wall-mount pack.  Looks like we need another question answered in addition to mine from the original poster... or   ?

Reply Children
Related