S4 Revolution- state LED sign

Hi everybody,

what does means the all LED (green, amber and red) are flashing/blinking together??

I remember that could be the problem with power supply or DMX unit. Now it's not responding for anything..

It happens to 1 of10 S4R we are using just from nothing - no power problems, no DMX problems.. It happens to this S4R unit again (power and DMX units were changed for new ones, also the inside cabling) after 2 years, so is there anybody who has any idea how to fix this issue?? Repairing of it is very expensive. And funny thing is that it's connected on the same DMX line as all others S4R and power supply is connected with second unit and this one is OK (all the cabeling is OK).

Thanks

Simon

Parents
  • Good Morning Simon,

All three LEDs flashing means there is either a wiring problem inside (a connector may be connected upside down), or the main or the secondary control card

has failed.

Was the fixture working fine and then one day it stopped? Or is possible that someone had opened the fixture and checked a cable and then it broke?

So it has been working two years now, and then failed?

• Good morning,
    thank you for the quick reply!

There was no any opening (just the changing of the bulb) or any intervention inside the base. It happens really from nothing, it was running for five hours without any commands to this one, I'm sure. It hangs upside down on the lighting bridge and in that moment there was no any movement (like somebody walks there), this no seems for the connectors. We don't move these fixtures very often (only for normal caring or cleaning).
    First time it happens after a RC controlled AC power was switched on and it was caused by the bad cabling between the base unit and the bulb socket which made a short circuit inside. Cables were tired and had damaged isolation. It doesn't seems this happens again, so I'm afraid it would be the cards )or one of them).. First time was there a smoke and it smells burned, now it was without similat "effects".

It's very strange, isn't it?? I try to do the best care with these S4R after 10 years of using them, so I know these guys from the mechanic side very well but I'm not the best electronic guy. I try to find why it happens to avoid it happens again this failure, I don't think it come from outside. I'll contact our czech dealer of ETC (ART lighting) and ask them about the solution..

Have a nice day!!
    Simon
  • Hi Simon,

After this incident where it had failed, was the bulb damaged? Or is the bulb still working? It is possible that a

power mains Problem or lamp failing causes a peak in the power and short circuits a part of the fixture without

burn marks or smell of smoke, effects etc.

Yes - Art Lighting is the ETC Dealer, and your best bet is too contact them about servicing the S4 Revolution.

Have a good week!

• An important caution to know about installing the bulb in the Source Four Revolution, is that the bulb needs to be completely turned into the socket. If it is even a Millimeter not turned to the end of the socket, then it may work for a while, but later it could cause arching of the power and then short circuit some part. If the bulb does not turn in completely for whatever reason, then you Need to take it out, and turn it 180° and then insert again and turn until it is exactly perpendicular inside as in the photo.

Red Photo is not correctly installed - it may work for a while, but can eventually short circuit.

Green Photo is correctly installed.

• Hi again,
    this seems like favourite answer for every problem with S4R;oDD
    Bulb works and there is no other damages in lamp socket, so this is very strange..
    (My colleague before me was putting the bulb in the bad way and this problem I solve for ever!! All the bulb reares are changed and works outstanding.. I reached one time only the metal contact inside the whole rear part and change it, we're using the original QXL 750 W / 77 V - of course..)

Thanks for your replies anyway!!
    Simon
  • Hi again,
    this seems like favourite answer for every problem with S4R;oDD
    Bulb works and there is no other damages in lamp socket, so this is very strange..
    (My colleague before me was putting the bulb in the bad way and this problem I solve for ever!! All the bulb reares are changed and works outstanding.. I reached one time only the metal contact inside the whole rear part and change it, we're using the original QXL 750 W / 77 V - of course..)

Thanks for your replies anyway!!
    Simon
Children
No Data
Related