Source 4 Par Scroller patching

I just acquired some older, don't know how old, color scrollers for our pars. How exactly do I patch them in. I know how to patch in fixtures, but don't know much about Part 1, Part 2, etc on the channels. Is this where that comes in? Is it easiest to just patch the scrollers in to their own channel? I am thinking it would look something like this. Channel 51 Part one = Par type dimmer, Channel 52 Part 2 = type scroller and patch in the address for it.

Thank you to everybody for bearing with my newbie questions as I figure out the lighting world. I have already surpassed anyone I can ask questions to, and am relying heavily on the experts here, even for silly questions.

• don't put them in different channels, not because it's old-fashioned but because it has disadvantages.

in Patch, you leave the dimmers patched like they are (if they work and you like their numbering).
    select the first channel, type Part 2, click Type and from the library choose Scroller (manufacturer is called Generic). type At followed by the DMX address of the scroller, Enter.
    click on Attributes (bottom right), and find the tile called Scroller, click it. you're now about to tell the consoles how many and which colors live in your scroller.
    click New (bottom left), you see now a table with New, 0 and several grey chips. click the top grey chip. choose the correct first gel from the list of manufactureres and filter numbers. click next grey chip, choose gel, ... repeat.
Related