DL2 & Timecode

Is there anyway of Directly Syncing the content inside the DL2 with either LTC or MTC. This is becoming an ever important part of video playback. My Clients have content that is rendered specifically for Timecode and this is critical for them.
Timecoding the console is not reliable enough and won't allow frame for frame syncing.

Hope you can assist.
Oli
Lighting Productions
  • Honestly one thing that would make DL2s much more exciting is to have an offboard device which synced the external timecode sources with the DL2 sync clocks because yes, I agree that the native DL2 sync is better.

All I really care about is being able to run a 15 minute audio file where screen content across all DL2s is perfectly synced so that the instant the cymbal or lightning crash at 14m 52s 13f (for example) is still matched to the audio source.

Obviously we all realize that audio delays across a 30m room are a great deal more sloppy that the sync of hardware but when shooting TV or Film, it's completely different.

I would propose an offboard tool on my PC that I connect to the timecode source that would adjust the DL2s for clock fluctuations. This way, a DMX Go trigger could also be used to trigger other devices as slave devices to the DL sync.

Just some thoughts.