Guides/Templates for Segemented Collage

There seems to be very little information on preparing content for use with the Segmented Collage effect, so I have created a bunch of "blank" guide files for Adobe Photoshop as well as a quick "How to".

You can download from my website here:
www.retinalresonance.com/DL_Seg_Cllg_PSDs.html

Please be sure to read the PDF document before using any of the guide files.

I am providing these files as Public Domain material.

Thanks to Matt S. @ HES for providing the pixel overlap info to me. :beerchug:

If HES/Barco wishes to make these available via their DL support pages I have no problem with this.

Hope people find these usefull. :)
  • [QUOTE=Abbe RPM Digital Lighting;53984]Hi Joe,

The Ice is 30 x 60m in Sweden and we use 6 DML to do Red Line To Red Line.
    They need to be minimum 16m up in the air and crosshooting.
    It needs to be very dark to make an impression, but it looks nice.

How is the lighting for a ice show (dancing)?
    For a Hockey Game it is so bright, so this iceprojection can only be used in the beginning.

I found that you could do a 30 x 20m with 4 DML hanging over each of the 4 circles and rather high brightness in the arena.
    If you would put white pigment in the ice, the effect is even better.

Hi Abbe,

Its either 60x30 or 60x20. Not many Olympic ones in the UK!!

Sorry, I play Ice Hockey... but the Ice Dancing group do a show every year (separate to Hockey) and I was asked to give some ideas. I want to project using DMLs - can Barco spare some as a loan? ;-) The Ice Show has black drapes around the ice, and all the lights off. We put in Alpha Beams, Macs, whatever MLs we can and basically light it like a normal show! Face lighting is a pain, a few VL1ks usually do the trick with some followspots too.

The only downside is because it is a hockey rink, the ice has all the hockey markings underneath - so projection would be a tad nicer if we could melt the ice, paint it all white, then re-melt and send the Zamboni on.... But apparently this isn't allowed! ;-)

Thanks!
  • Hi Joe,

I would love to lend you "some DML´s" as you put it, but at the price of a BMW each
    we too have to keep a limited number for demo. We also never supply demo
    equipment to any real project. This is cause we then anger our customers who
    buy them to rent to organisations like yours.

On the other hand Barco are generally very generous with support.
    So if you do get the budget for 4 DMLs and ask really nice,
    i think that you can get on-site support.

As allways you can contact me for detailed support in any DML-1200 endeavor :cool:
  • Hi Abbe,

I didn't think Barco would part with any ;) and its good policy keeping the demo kit off projects, the customer has the power!

So you reckon 4 DMLs would cover an ice rink!? Can you mail me a list of DML suppliers in Northern Europe please? Also a ballpark idea of how many they have and list prices on them?

Thanks for your support :D