Purge Unused Materials

Is there any way to purge unused materials from Augment3d so that we are not unnecessarily increasing the file size of the EOS Showfile?

• Is this a question about materials specifically or models?

• I suppose both. I was very careful in pulling in the models, so I know that there is only 1 copy of each of the model items in the hierarchy. I am simplifying which textures I am using, so multiple textures are being imported and I am not using several of them. Textures are specifically what I am looking to get rid of. Many of my files are coming in with Alpha layers as well that are unused in Augment3d that I am looking to purge in one foul swoop.

Thanks!

• Understood. I've moved this to the Open Beta forum as Materials are not yet a part of the released version of Augment3d.

In general, if you are not using a texture on any object in your hierarchy, then when you close Eos and Augment3d completely and re-open, those files will no longer be in your materials library just like models that are not in the hierarchy are also removed from the library on restart.

• The showfile only stores the models and materials that are actually in-use, so your Library will clean itself up you restart Eos.

If you want to clean up the Libraries without restarting, you can delete them from the library.
    Built-in stock and anything currently 'in-use' can't be deleted.

We are considering more advanced resource management in future versions, for example a method to  ask Augment3d to keep 'unused' materials and models in your showfile, and sharing resources with Magic Sheets.
    Suggestions for this are welcome!

• The showfile only stores the models and materials that are actually in-use, so your Library will clean itself up you restart Eos.

Not sure I agree with this.

So if I save a showfile, shutdown, go home, come in the next day and startup, the showfile will be in a different state?

• Correct. If you import models and materials into the library that you do not use in the Augment3d model, they are removed when you exit the software. This is consistent with how imported assets have functioned since Augment3d was introduced into Eos.

As Richard mentions, in future development we would like to add functionality that will allow you to retain unused assets as part of a user-defined library. But as the OP suggests, the current behavior is designed to minimize show file sizes by including only the in-use assets. 

Hope that helps.

~n~