Merge offline 3D version of show file with the live show so live fixtures & patch are used with correct 3D models

I'm trying to take an offline model into the real world and there are discrepancies with the fixtures because I updated them to get the latest 3D models. I can't tell exactly what they are although I know one of them involves the strobe functions of a Colordash Accent Quad. Any thoughts on how I go about merging the 3D model, plus the 3D bits of the patch information, ideally along with the patched scenic elements and their move details, while otherwise not affecting the show and maintaining the fixture parameters. I've got as far as realising I can update the 3D models via Patch > Augment3D > Fixtures > Physical Data and choosing the correct model rather than updating the fixture as a whole, which gets me some of the way, but I'm wondering if anyone has any other tips?

FWIW I started with the correct version of the show as it was a few weeks ago. There have been some minor timing changes since but the show is mostly unchanged. I took the show file (as was) to my offline editor, imported the 3D model, typed in the all of the position data, focused the fixed lights, linked the scenic elements to their objects, and added all of the scenic moves to their respective lighting cues. The offline version does a reasonable job of reflecting the show, but I want to get it onto the live desk to refine it. At some point while entering all the other information I also updated the fixtures which was obviously a mistake. I'm trying to minimise the work I need to get a working 3D version of the show that retains the correct fixture parameters, but also has correct 3D models for the fixtures, hopefully without having to start from scratch again.

tt2

Parents
  • It took a title detective work but the issue that was causing the most problems when I brought my offline file into the real world was that I had a color palette for open white that had a value of 0 for color mix for the Robe BMFL followspots when it should have been -98 (Normal). Every time I loaded my offline show the spots would start ticking unpleasantly and I couldn't work out why. I had incorrectly assumed it was a patch/fixture profile issue.

    tt2 

Reply
  • It took a title detective work but the issue that was causing the most problems when I brought my offline file into the real world was that I had a color palette for open white that had a value of 0 for color mix for the Robe BMFL followspots when it should have been -98 (Normal). Every time I loaded my offline show the spots would start ticking unpleasantly and I couldn't work out why. I had incorrectly assumed it was a patch/fixture profile issue.

    tt2 

Children
No Data