Fixture editor tutorial & 3D simulation

Hi all,

I am about to purchase my first Mosaic controllers but would like to have more information about the fixture editor and 3D simulation first.

My project uses 410 custom RGB fixtures in a complex 3D set-up.

The white balance of some of the fixtures isn't perfect, e.g some are a bit red-ish, some blue-ish when RGB is set to 255. I'd like to create custom fixtures, e.g. the red-ish fixtures wouldn't use 255 as their max red value but something lower and the blue-ish fixtures would have a lower blue max value. I am pretty sure this is possible with Mosaic Designer software, correct? The manual unfortunately doesn't go into the fixture editor details. Is there another fixture editor manual or tutorial?

It looks like Mosaic Designer's "Setup" plan only offers 2D setups. Is there any way to do 3D except somehow laying out the 3D fixtures on the 2D "Setup" plan?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Erwin

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Marcus (and everybody else interested in this topic)!

The project now finally is ready to be programmed. I just went to the Capture web-site. This software is rather pricey! Are there any other software options?

Is there any software/hardware package the allows me to route the DMX out of the Mosaic controllers back to the computer via a DMX interface that then uses a generic software to simulate 3D? Sounds a bit twisted, I know...

No need for any fancy beam reflections, etc. just simple circles in a 3D space indicating the position of the RGB fixtures and their programmed color over time.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Erwin

• 69morpho said:

The project now finally is ready to be programmed. I just went to the Capture web-site. This software is rather pricey! Are there any other software options?

There is a free edition! 

http://www.capturesweden.com/Products/Software.aspx

Related