Mosaic tessera and button stations

Hi,

I want to buy a Tessera touch screen and some button stations, but before i want to be sure that these products suit my need. That's why i have some questions:

- Is it possible to block some of the buttons and let other work on the same button station during the show to avoid that people turn on the light on the stage

- Is it possible to sync the buttons if they turn on the same location 

- I wanna make an interface on the touch screen with a map of the theater, each location will have blue and white light (with led strips). I want that user can press on each location on the map to turn the light on, and these locations will change color on the interface when we press on it to see which locations are turned on.

- My actual system is controlled with an Eos Ion and an ELC node, I want to use the ELC node to merge the Ion and the Mosaic system, do u think that there is compatibility problems, is there a better way?

- I have some POE ethernet Switches, what kind of Voltage and watts do I need for the touch screen and the buttons?

Thank you very much in advance

Laurent

• Hi Laurent,

So everything you are asking is possible it is just about the programming of the system. Some of the things you want to achieve are not going to be obvious on how to solve them but they are possible.

The blocking of buttons is not a standard feature but can be solved by using a fake timeline and a condition on the buttons of if that timeline is running or not.

Syncing buttons to trigger the same thing is indeed possible and also can be very easy to setup as long as they are the same button on each station. The indicator being on and off on all your stations will require you to input each button you want to light but nothing that copy and paste cant solve.

I am not sure the layout of the theatre is going to work so well on such a small screen. There isn't a huge amount of space so the screen might get a little cramped depending on how the layout it. I would suggest mocking this up in the software to see how it works. The locations that change colour would have to be a button so they couldn't be complex shapes. You might be better off just having the background and then a small button in that area which changes colour when the channel is on or off.

Yes the ELC node should be able to merge your 2 network sources. You just need to confirm if it is taking in Art-net or sACN as i believe these nodes can accept both. The Element and Mosaic can output both so you just need to make sure they are using the same.

TPC 4watts Class 2 POE

BPS 1.5watts Class 1 POE

Regards,

Tom

• Thanks for your answer,

Can you just confirm me that it is compatible with this poe switch:
    www.linksys.com/.../support-article

I think yes...but i want to be sure before buying it...

I try to make the interface on mosaic designer to be sure that i can make everything i want before buying it... i try to set the intensity of a conventional (16 bit) fixture but no way to control it with actions like "master, increase or decrease intensity". I have no problems using scenes, but when i simulate and test my buttons or faders with these actions it do not work, i do not understand why

Is there also a way to simulate the interface like we see it on the touch screen?

Thanks
    Laurent

Related