Wish List: Random

I would like the ability to write a trigger that could recall a random timeline from a specified group.

For instance, I have a site that would like to have one of 9 or so time lines playing back during lunchtime.  They would like it to be different one every day, but not have the same pattern repeat.  My thought was to have a trigger at 11:30 am playback a random time line.

I know that I can write a script (Thanks Mr. Kunde) to do this, but it would be a nice feature to have from within the actual software. 

Parents
  • Jeff,

While I can see the reasoning for this feature (I have passed your post along to the folks at Pharos), remember writing a script is like making your own custom functionality for the software. Once you write a script one time, you have it to use over and over again. If you have created a script to add this functionality, you have created your custom feature for repeated use in the software.

This is one of the great benefits of having the built in script editor

• Jeff,

While I can see the reasoning for this feature (I have passed your post along to the folks at Pharos), remember writing a script is like making your own custom functionality for the software. Once you write a script one time, you have it to use over and over again. If you have created a script to add this functionality, you have created your custom feature for repeated use in the software.

This is one of the great benefits of having the built in script editor

Children
  • Yes I know that I will always have it, but it would be nice to have for people that don't have the ability to write scripts.  Sure - they are more than welcome to talk to the folks in tech support, and those guys (and gals) are always willing to help, but it seems like its such a simple feature to have in the base package of software....

Would it be possible to have an online library of scripts that people have written so that us pharos programmers out there can share with one another?

[edited by: Jeff Mabray at 10:03 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jun 09 2008]
Related