File Type Association Pharos Designer Mac

I'm running Pharos Designer for Mac ver 1.5.1, I'm running OS X 10.5.4, and also have Adobe Photoshop CS3 installed.

My problem is that Photoshop keeps associating .pdp (pharos designer files) with itself.  I've tried ctrl-clicking, going to get info and changing "Open with" to Pharos Designer, which works for a while to re associate .pdp files to Pharos Designer, but as soon as I open and Adobe program the files are re-associated back to Photoshop.

Is there a  way to set Pharos Designer to automatically re-associate it's files or am I doomed to constantly open Photoshop accidentally?

-Bryan

Parents
  • Bryan,

I have a similar set up and had the same issue for a while. I had this same issue on a MAC running OS 10.5 with Photoshop CS3 as well as a PC running XP PRO and CS3. If Photoshop is configured to automatically associates specific file types, you will run into an issue every time you launch Photoshop, as it will associate the .pdp file type with itself file type with itself and your OS will always launch Photoshop until you change it again. The reason for this is that Photoshop uses the .pdp file extension for Photoshop PDF files in CS3 so it believes it should be associated. If you’re not making use of the Photoshop PDF format you can disassociate the file type with Photoshop as detailed in the Photoshop help structure.

thanks

• Bryan,

I have a similar set up and had the same issue for a while. I had this same issue on a MAC running OS 10.5 with Photoshop CS3 as well as a PC running XP PRO and CS3. If Photoshop is configured to automatically associates specific file types, you will run into an issue every time you launch Photoshop, as it will associate the .pdp file type with itself file type with itself and your OS will always launch Photoshop until you change it again. The reason for this is that Photoshop uses the .pdp file extension for Photoshop PDF files in CS3 so it believes it should be associated. If you’re not making use of the Photoshop PDF format you can disassociate the file type with Photoshop as detailed in the Photoshop help structure.

thanks

Children
No Data
Related