MSC 2/script/timeline

Good day.

The project has a timeline lasting 1 hour, which contains 4 completed segments of 15 minutes. Please tell me how I can run each section in the timeline?

Parents
  • The easiest way to do this would be to copy the content into 5 separate triggers and then play them individually.

Trigger 1 being your 1 hour 4 segment trigger you could play in its entirety and triggers 2-5 being the individual segments you wanted to play individually. 

A slightly more complicated method would be to leave the timeline as is and use the Set timeline position action within a trigger to play certain segments

There are a few gotchas in that you need to be aware of

1. The action bases its position on percentage not time, 0% being the start of the timeline and 100% being the end.  so prepare to invoke the power of math!
    2. You may need to use start and/or pause actions for the timeline as well so you can queue the timeline to begin before it starts playing, then set the position and then start it once it is in position. Or add a second of nothing at the beginning of the timeline so it doesn't start doing something before you set the position.
    3. Once you start the timeline at a position do you also need to stop it before it plays the next segment? If so you could add a flag at the segment ends and add a timeline flag trigger so you could stop or pause as needed. 

Sadly, there is no play timeline at flag trigger yet. 

While I am all for using the same object multiple times, this might be the case where doing so makes things much more complicated than they need to be. The copy and paste method will take less than a minute. And variables can make trigger creation down to a small number. 

I am sure there are other suggestions people might have but this could be a start. 

• Davefox, thank you very much for your detailed answer.
Reply Children
No Data
Related