Changing RIO-A Modes Through Scripting

Good morning,

I have been programming on an installation that has a RIO-A device connected to a QSC Q-SYS Core.  Some of the time, it is outputting timecode to sync to timelines and some of the time it is outputting audio used to drive audio triggers.  Are there script commands that could toggle the mode and set the properties so that I don't have to load in a different file and reboot the controller every time we want to switch shows?  If not, can that be something added?  There are no commands for the RIO-A listed in the Lua function reference...

- Jesse

Parents
  • The settings for the Rio are part on the configuration so wont be changeable by a script.
    Is it possible for you to use Midi Time code? If so this would allow you to input both into the Rio A?
    Or maybe add 2 Rio A's and then you would be able to enable and disable if you were listing to Audio or Timecode from the external source.

Tom

• Using MIDI timecode looks to be the solution (I don't think this client would go for purchasing a second RIO-A, it was apparently a huge deal just to get the one).  I'll check with them about whether it's possible to get MIDI out of their Q-SYS Core (not sure which model they have or how they have it configured).

On a side note, any chance we could get some script commands to poll the gain on a frequency band?  Something like:

rio = get_rio(RIOA,1)

gain = rio:get_gain_peak(X)

X being the frequency band using 0 for master volume at peak

The client has an installation with 17 columns of 9 linear LED RGB fixtures and I was tasked with using audio triggers to turn it into an "equalizer."  I was able to do it but it requires 17 separate audio triggers (to get each frequency band into a variable) and 17 separate scripts (to apply that variable to an array of fixtures).  With a script function to poll that data, I could do it with a single script and a for loop.

• Using MIDI timecode looks to be the solution (I don't think this client would go for purchasing a second RIO-A, it was apparently a huge deal just to get the one).  I'll check with them about whether it's possible to get MIDI out of their Q-SYS Core (not sure which model they have or how they have it configured).

On a side note, any chance we could get some script commands to poll the gain on a frequency band?  Something like:

rio = get_rio(RIOA,1)

gain = rio:get_gain_peak(X)

X being the frequency band using 0 for master volume at peak

The client has an installation with 17 columns of 9 linear LED RGB fixtures and I was tasked with using audio triggers to turn it into an "equalizer."  I was able to do it but it requires 17 separate audio triggers (to get each frequency band into a variable) and 17 separate scripts (to apply that variable to an array of fixtures).  With a script function to poll that data, I could do it with a single script and a for loop.

Children
Related