Media Trimming

How does the media trimming exaclty work within a timeline? I am having issues using the start point and media property start time to dial effects in. My files all are the same length as the timline so I assume I would be able to adjust all the properties accordingly but that does not work. 

Example. Effect is at 19.11 on the media file. I set the start point to 19.11 and the media property start to 19.11 but nothing happens. If I reset all the properties or re ad the file to the layer its fine. The problem is then any other effects below will not happen. 

Any one have thoughts?

Parents
  • Could you post a snapshot of your timeline?

• This timeline is for sporting lights at an arena. As youll see there are several different Pixel Matrices. I built all the media files in Adobe After Effects at the same length as the timeline to correspond to a video with small h.264 mp4 files that match the same size as the Pixel Matrix layer in Mosaic. Those files just contain a white background to flash and fade a specific times.Since layering comes into play in Mosaic I need to trim these files down specific time codes. At this point I could have probably just built the same effects in mosaic but I am stubborn and want to figure this out. 

• This timeline is for sporting lights at an arena. As youll see there are several different Pixel Matrices. I built all the media files in Adobe After Effects at the same length as the timeline to correspond to a video with small h.264 mp4 files that match the same size as the Pixel Matrix layer in Mosaic. Those files just contain a white background to flash and fade a specific times.Since layering comes into play in Mosaic I need to trim these files down specific time codes. At this point I could have probably just built the same effects in mosaic but I am stubborn and want to figure this out. 

Children
Related