Question.

Hi

Now, I use a Pharos system and consider the plan.
Please let me know some questions.
1. Can Pharos DMX In module perform recording of DMX?

2. Can a time code be outputted by a Pharos LTC module?
     Or is LTC to a MTC output possible?
3. Is it possible to connect Pharos to a two-set network and to construct the system of backup?
    it is like EOS
4. Is it possible to output ETC Net2 or Net3 only using LTC?
5. How can eight button stations be used?
    For example, the show of the separate time line is assigned.
    Preset of a moving light is assigned.
   One trigger is assigned.

Best regards,

Kani

Parents
  • 1. Can Pharos DMX In module perform recording of DMX?

With Pharos the DMX input module is used to trigger timelines on the LPC using a DMX input It does not provide a method of recoding timelines based on incoming DMX. The Timelines are all recorded using Pharos Designer software. All of the expansion modules are used for external triggering options to the LPC.

2. Can a time code be outputted by a Pharos LTC module?
         Or is LTC to a MTC output possible?

The LTC timecode module is used to trigger the LPC based on incoming Timecode. The LPC on it’s own does provide input and output of MIDI timecode without the need for an expansion module

3. Is it possible to connect Pharos to a two-set network and to construct the system of backup?
        it is like EOS

Pharos PLPC products do not support a Master, Back-up configuration

4. Is it possible to output ETC Net2 or Net3 only using LTC?

Pharos currently has BETA software available the will support ETCNet2 as an output protocol on the LPC products. This output can be configured to work in conjunction with a Timecode Input to Pharos. This software can be downloaded from the Pharos Controls Website (http://www.pharoscontorls.com)

5. How can eight button stations be used?
    For example, the show of the separate time line is assigned.
    Preset of a moving light is assigned.
    One trigger is assigned.

There are several button station options available. Buttons stations that use RS232 or contact closures can be interfaced directly with the LPC product.

• While there is no master/backup, I can say that I have configured two LPC's to operate in something like this.

Using the new v1.6 software (which also supports EDMX / Net2) on two LPC2s, I was able to run both on one network, and clone the output patch from the first LPC to the second LPC. (neat feature!)

(Now, we had already hooked up the system with gateways, so I'm not actually using the Net output mode...)

I set the input priorities of one gateway higher than the other, and set both LPCs to work.  They both ran the same startup trigger, and the same DMX-in triggers, and output the same DMX information.

Admittedly, one processor re-started a hair faster than the other one, which is why I set the input priorities, otherwise the gateways were running HTP between the two LPCs, but the fadeout lagged funny behind the fadeup.  I think the Pharos software uploads to each LPC sequentially, not simultaneously.

And, there's no way for Pharos to alert you that one is down (you'd just have to physically check every so often), but technically, they're running in parallel.  If either one were to go, you'd still have the other one.

I'd bet you can do the same thing with setting the EDMX output priority in the Pharos software.

Then again, Pharos is solid-state, quite robust, and warrantied for I think 5 years?  Not really likely to need backup...

• Hi

Thank you.

I try on a priority setup.

Kani.

Reply Children
No Data
Related