Feature Request: Adding Fixtures to Existing Groups

As far as I discovered the only way for adding a fixture to an existing Group is dragging and dropping the fixture into that group, in the fixtures pane. Maybe selecting the fixture on the layout and adding it to an existing Group using the Right-Click context menu would be great time saving process. Or maybe there is an easier way but I haven'tdiscovered yet.

Parents
  • 1000000% agree!

Groups are treated so differently than all the other direct selects. Say for example I want to make a partition that includes group 101.  Sure, right now there are only 6 fixtures in that group, but as the group expands and contracts, I would expect the partition to reference that group because I used a group to make It. 

I expect that because everywhere else in the console, Direct Selects like colour/beam/form are all referenceable materials.
    Even when making an fx say, If I select group 1+2+3, and run a sine wave accross them I'd exepct a sine to go across the groups as groups. As it is, Group is merely a channel collector.  Seems like such a waste of what could be a very flexible and powerful tool.

• @ENelligan - I believe you are referencing Eos groups. This section of the forum is about our architectural Mosaic Show Controllers which is what @ikeran is referring. If you cross post this in the Eos forum page you will have much better success and feedback. 

• Completely true! 

Deleting momentarily. 

Reply Children
No Data
Related