Selador Profiles

I realize that there are many fixture profiles that don't seem to have made it into the Mosaic / Pharos Fixture library yet...  For instance I'm pretty sure Element Labs has more than one fixture type, but I digress.

Really, I'm surprised that the ETC Selador fixtures haven't made it in yet.  The old Selador X7 and X7-Xtra are still there, but not the relatively new 8-channel ETC ones.

I know they've made it into the Eos/Ion/Element 1.7 console software, and I'm surprised that with Mosaic 1.6.3 coming out so recently (after 1.7) they're not there.

Making a custom fixture off of a 7-channel selador by adding an 8th channel intensity doesn't look right in the output viewer either.

Anybody had any luck with running the ETC Seladors on Mosaic?

Parents
  • We are working diligently to incorporate the SeladorSeries fixture profiles into Mosaic Designer. These are nearly complete and will be included in our next patch release of software, version 1.7.0. While I cannot offer a definitive timeline for the release of this software, it is not too far off. The 7 color system requires a bit more control than a standard RBG or RGBA system to accurately mix color, so we did need to have a little more work done beyond a standard fixture profile.

Thanks

• Yeah, That's understandable.

It's funny, though, when I tried to make a custom fixture based on the Selador X7-11 by adding an 8th patchpoint and calling it intensity, I think Designer couldn't figure out what to do.  The output viewer looked rather confused. with that one. 

I suppose I could still patch an X7 and then a "dummy" dimmer for intensity and work-around it that way if I have to.  Happily it hasn't come up yet.

• Yeah, That's understandable.

It's funny, though, when I tried to make a custom fixture based on the Selador X7-11 by adding an 8th patchpoint and calling it intensity, I think Designer couldn't figure out what to do.  The output viewer looked rather confused. with that one. 

I suppose I could still patch an X7 and then a "dummy" dimmer for intensity and work-around it that way if I have to.  Happily it hasn't come up yet.

Children
No Data
Related