Mosaic, sACN, AV-Control & DMX

Hi,

The client has designed the following setup and I'd like to be sure the system works the way the client wants/hopes.

The AV Controller, the Lighting Console and the MSC1 are on the same network. The lighting console sends sACN through the switch to the MSC1 that converts sACN to DMX that goes to the luminaires.

When the lighting console is not in use the AV controller triggers MSC1 scenes or timelines via UDP.

1. Does the system work?
  2. What settings should I implement for the MSC?
  3. I would add a sACN/DMX -gateway to the network and output DMX to the luminaires from it to take care of the possible priority issues. Am I too cautious?
  4. I will suggest adding a DMX-splitter between the luminaires and MSC1/Gateway to make the system more robust and for future use.

Br,

Ike

System diagram

• Hi Ike,

A few things you will need to take into account.

First when using the MSC 1 you cannot use the second DMX port so if you want this layout you are going to need to use a DMX splitter to come from the 1 DMX port then out to your 2 lines of fixtures.
    As for priorities and using a gateway you don't need to go down this route as Mosaic has the option for DMX Pass through with you can enable and disable using triggers so giving control to the console will just be part of the command from the AV system when to hand over control.

So apart from adding the splitter I see no reason for this system not to work.

The EDMX pass through has to be setup on the controller setting, like below and the triggers as well.

Regards,

Tom

Related