About Simulate

Hi

Can the present output state be checked by simulate of Mosaic?
For example, the thing currently reproduced by real timeclock .

Best regards,

Kani

• Kani, Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish? I'm not sure I understand what it is that you are trying to do.

Thanks

• Hi Bryan,

This post is a bit dated but I stumbled across it and I can think of 2 circumstances in line with the original posters inquiry that would be wonderful if mosaic could handle:

1.) The ability to have simulate display the current state of fixtures as they are on the real controller or network of controllers - not the output live override, but the actual current state. I think this is what the OP was after - basically, a blind preview whereby it is possible to see what the controller should be outputting.  Useful for situations where you can't see all fixtures due to layout or daylight also, for troubleshooting, so one could compare the intended state vs. reality.

2) Tying into this, the ability to set a time and date in simulate mode and actually have the triggers happen in sequence over years.  When programming systems that need to run for years it would be great to be able to test triggers firing using the same logic as the controller.  This, combined with the ability to run very rapidly (up to... say 100x or more) would really help in ringing out the programming.  If you really wanted to get fancy, simulate would automatically vary its speed based on user settings to run fast int he gaps and then slow down again for rapid series of triggers.  Generally just some way to fully test things that won't happen until well into the future.

And, while I'm at it... the ability to select fixtures in simulate....

Thanks,

[edited by: Mike Walker at 11:32 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Dec 28 2010]
Related