How can Load a show to the Pharos then play back from eos console Cue or a Macro?

Dear Sir,

Our studio, we are using the eos console (1.9.1) and RPU(1.9.1) to controlling the studio lights and LED. All lights controlling through the DMX 5 pin different Universe too.  Various shows using the particular CUE recorded from the Macro button to select the particular color and effects.

LED controlling using the Pharos LPC X and the Pharos designer software (1.5). My questions are:-

Now we have different colors and effects can control through the particular cue. If we have a special show need some different colors and effects on the LED controling from the LPC X.  That time I can connect our laptop  phaors software designer through the Ethernet cable (RJ45) to make the changes of LED colors and effects. Then put a show name. This show colors I can play through the Lap top Pharos designer software. But how can I load this show and record to the eos console Cue then playback to a Macro? Please describe the details step by step.

After made a show color then to load the show to LPC through ethernet cable?

Example I put the show name NEWS.  This show file I Load to the LPC. How can I load an individual show to the LPC without disturbing other show files. After how can I play the NEWS from the eos console CUE through the DMX? What is the step by step instructions?

Now the new version of pharos available (1.7). If I upgrade this 1.7 after any changes happens to the previous saved show files? Need to upgrade the LPC X?

I download the new version 1.7 to my laptop windows 7, 64 Bit. But the right side display is out of the window. Example the SETUP window right side I can't see the Fixture editor and None button fully.  TRIGGER window can't see the LOAD buttons fully. Those buttons half side out of  the window. How can I see this buttons inside of the window?

But the Windows Vista can see perfectly those buttons. What's the problem and please describe the remedy.

I am working in Dubai and new comer of the Pharos designer software. Where I get the perfect training to work with this pharos?

I am expecting your valuable help.

Thanks from Ajaya Dubai

Parents
  • If I understand correctly you are looking for a way to merge a Pharos show file and an EOS Show file together. This is not possible because the Pharos system and the Eos control system are two completely different and unique control systems. There are very simple ways to trigger one from another however. I understand from talking with our dealer in your area that you are using DMX triggers in order to trigger your Pharos controller from the Eos console. These are simple to set up in the Pharos Designer software in the triggers tab, and the step by step instructions are covered int he Designer On line help system.

If you upgrade your Designer software to version 1.7 you will not have any issues with your existing show file. We do recommend that you keep an archive version that is compatible with your previous software version just in case you encounter an issue. To do this you can simple open the existing show file in the new software version (1.7) and select save as in the file menu with a new name. I would recommend something life 'existing file name-1.7', then just use the newly named file moving forward.

In regard to getting training on the Pharos designer software, I would recommend you contact your local Pharos dealer to arrange an in depth session. They can arrange to provide the training, or for Pharos to provide the training depending on the level of detail that you may require.

I've tried to reproduce the issues you have mentioned with your 64-bit Windows 7 computer running the 1.7 software, but have not been able to reproduce the issue. Did you download the 1.7.0 or the 1.7.1 software? IF you have 1.7.0 please try the 1.7.1 software to see if the problem is resolved. The the issue remains I would recommend contacting your local dealer  or technical support so the issue can be researched fixed. What are the specific specs of your computer including PC or Mac? Processor speed? memory? Display size and resolution? Video memory? This information may help with researching the issue.

[edited by: bpalmer at 9:22 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Nov 15 2010]
  •  

Dear Sir,  Mr. Bryan,

Many thanks for your kind and valuable answers about my doubts.   Our Lighting department supervisor contacted Oasis Dubai for training.

The Pharos 1.7.1 right side display is out of the window.  I try to other version of Pharos and the same display. The SETUP window right side can't see the [Fixture editor] and [None] button fully.  TRIGGER window right side can't see the [LOAD] buttons fully. Those buttons half side out of the window. Other Windows (Patch, Dali, Mover, Media, Program, Simulate, Network, and Report) all can see perfectly except Setup and Trigger window. I change the different resolutions and the same. But the Office Laptop (Windows vista) can see perfectly.

This problem I inform to the Pharos support and they didn't face this type of display problem with Windows 7, 64 Bit.

Toshiba Qosmio X 500, Windows 7 Home Premium, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.60 GHZ. Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB, System type: 64-bit Operating System, Display Driver NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M (Driver Version 8.17.12. 5912), 15 Nov 2010 I updated the new version from Toshiba web site.  Monitor: Generic PnP (Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385), Screen refresh rate: 60 Hertz, Colors: True Color (32 bit), Display: Mobile PC Display, Resolution 1920 X 1080 (recommended), Orientation: Landscape.

Any solutions to solve the display problem?

I am expecting your valuable help,

Ajaya

• Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the display issues you are encountering . Since this is a Pharos software related concern, your best option is to work with the Pharos support group based in London.

Outside of the Pharos software, I have seen some similar things with software applications running in 64-bit windows 7. Sometimes if you change the size of the application window, then maximize the window again the issue will resolve itself. If that does not work, I would recommend contacting Pharos Support to continue troubleshooting the issue.

• Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the display issues you are encountering . Since this is a Pharos software related concern, your best option is to work with the Pharos support group based in London.

Outside of the Pharos software, I have seen some similar things with software applications running in 64-bit windows 7. Sometimes if you change the size of the application window, then maximize the window again the issue will resolve itself. If that does not work, I would recommend contacting Pharos Support to continue troubleshooting the issue.

Children
  • Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your valuable answer. You are right Sir, some software applications running need to change the Text size. I kept the resolution is same and change the Text size suitable for Pharos designer. Now can see the buttons perfectly. Thanks for your valuable help.

Your's faithfully,
    Ajaya Dubai

Related