Visibility Groups and Pass Codes Take 2

I am working on a job that has two spaces each identical, both have two touchscreens a piece.   The CD configuration has a splash screen with an entry keypad and three levels of pass codes where each codes, when entered, is directed to it's own start page in LD.  What I am wondering is if there is a way to have the pass codes correspond to visibility groups so that when each code is entered the same start page appears but different levels of buttons are seen.

Is this not possible?  Should I stick with the system that isn't broken?

• Scott,

There's no direct way to manipulate lockout level from the CD keypad action list, but you can get a similar effect. My typical approach is a distinct intermediate popup for each of the three passcodes, all with an "enable access" button. So basically:

code 1 goes to popup 1 from CD action. Popup 1 has an "Enable Access" button with a CD action to change page and an LD action to set the appropriate code 1 lockout level.

code 2 goes to popup 2 from CD action. Popup 2's "Enable Access" button has the same CD action to change to the control page and and LD action to set the code 2 lockout level.

...etc.

Make sense?
  • Tracy,

Almost 1 year later, I have gotten back around to finishing everything and this small piece of information really helped to make everything come together.

Thanks.
Related