ETC Unison DR12 Rack - with CMd Control Module - channels not dimming

My client has a an ETC Unison DR12, with CMd Control Module.....where none of the channels are dimming.

Observed:

- had Low Voltage Error, even though DMM shows the 220 single phase supply is running 135VAC per leg.   So, it's definitely not getting a low voltage.

- I set the front LCD configs to 0V and the error went away.  Although, I don't want to leave it configured like that.

- I also checked all the configs for each of the 24 Circuits and DMX settings.  Everything is configured 1 to 1, and in straight sequential order, and to "Incandescent".

-------------

- Likewise,  I've been testing with a Leprecon LP-1524 Lighting Desk.  

- But, in order to eliminate the LP-1524 as a possible issue, I brought in a Leviton MC 7008 (as seen here:  http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/175129-Leviton-MC-7008 ).  And, it is behaving exactly the same.  So, since the Leviton doesn't have any funny programming abilities, that eliminates any possibility that the LP=1524 had channels programmed to only do 0%/100% only.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Thanks,
- Rob

• Definitely sounds like a call to tech support is in order. Ideally call when you are in front of the rack, but they can also give you ideas before you get there.

Most of my Unison Legacy service calls resulted in sending the processor in for repairs. Between the age of the electronics and the lack of serviceable parts there isn't much you can do. But ask about a loaner processor!

• This does sound more likely to be a malfunction than a settings issue. The circuits that measure incoming line voltage are also important for detecting zero-crossings in the AC waveform. If the dimming engine doesn't know when the zero-crossings happen, then it makes sense for the dimmers to behave as though they're configured in switched mode.

Giving tech support a call to discuss options is definitely the next step.
  • Probably been displaying the low voltage error for about 6 months before the dimming stated to fail?…..Pretty common failure – bad caps & voltage regulator. Needs to go back to ETC
Related