Need to Upgrade

We have a legacy Unison ER4 architectural control running Light Manager 1.9.2 software. We are now running into problems maintaining the software configuration as 1.9.2 cannot run on 64 bit computers. All of our computers have been switched out to 64bit machines. Is there a upgraded controller that we can acquire that will not cause us to have to redo all of our control stations, and allow for a web interface so we do not have to use 3.5" diskettes anymore?

Parents
  • Light Manager can be run inside Hyper-V, which is windows virtual machine system. You will likely need a WinXP or previous license to get the OS installed. Enabling and setting up Hyper-V is a bit complex so you might want to find an IT guy with a decade or more of experience. I've also heard of people just holding onto an XP based system just to run LM. They are plentiful and fairly cheap in the used market.

The once was a networked version of the Unison processor. With that one could use Light Manager and upload the files on a network. However finding one and making it work on your system might have some surprises in store. My suggestion is to call tech support with as much information on your system as you can find. (Job number, notes from the config, other devices info, etc.)
  • Light Manager can be run inside Hyper-V, which is windows virtual machine system. You will likely need a WinXP or previous license to get the OS installed. Enabling and setting up Hyper-V is a bit complex so you might want to find an IT guy with a decade or more of experience. I've also heard of people just holding onto an XP based system just to run LM. They are plentiful and fairly cheap in the used market.

The once was a networked version of the Unison processor. With that one could use Light Manager and upload the files on a network. However finding one and making it work on your system might have some surprises in store. My suggestion is to call tech support with as much information on your system as you can find. (Job number, notes from the config, other devices info, etc.)
Children
No Data
Related