Need to Upgrade

We have a legacy Unison ER4 architectural control running Light Manager 1.9.2 software. We are now running into problems maintaining the software configuration as 1.9.2 cannot run on 64 bit computers. All of our computers have been switched out to 64bit machines. Is there a upgraded controller that we can acquire that will not cause us to have to redo all of our control stations, and allow for a web interface so we do not have to use 3.5" diskettes anymore?

Parents
  • Oracle’s VirtualBox is another alternative for running LM that is freeware, but none of this eliminates the basic road block of the 3.5 floppy. The previously mentioned CME or CMEd with “network” port really only allowed Net2 data out to talk to gateways and I don’t believe even had a web interface. I do not recall ever successfully uploading anything other than possible RS232 commands over that Cat5 port and there’s nothing in LM that iniialtes that connection that I’ve ever seen. All of that to say, no, not really. If you want to move your control to 2018, you’re looking at replacing that ERN and all stations. Sorry.
  • Oracle’s VirtualBox is another alternative for running LM that is freeware, but none of this eliminates the basic road block of the 3.5 floppy. The previously mentioned CME or CMEd with “network” port really only allowed Net2 data out to talk to gateways and I don’t believe even had a web interface. I do not recall ever successfully uploading anything other than possible RS232 commands over that Cat5 port and there’s nothing in LM that iniialtes that connection that I’ve ever seen. All of that to say, no, not really. If you want to move your control to 2018, you’re looking at replacing that ERN and all stations. Sorry.
Children
No Data
Related