Snapshots and Net3?

Our house Unison system is not something I'm well versed with, so excuse the noob question.

I was able to recently convert our house IonXe to control our Sensor racks via Net3 as opposed to DMX.

My TD now informs me that this has rendered the Snapshot function of the Unison system useless.

I was under the assumption that the only interaction the Unison system has with our house console is via the Sensor racks and programming was based on dimmer levels....(House Console = DMX A ~~ Unison = DMX B)

Is it actually based upon DMX data? Is there a data split feeding DMX data into the Unison system?

Is there a way to programme a Unison Snapshot with Net3 instead of DMX? or can it only process DMX data and not sACN?

Thank you!

Parents
  • A legacy Unison system cannot send or receive Net3.

There has to be some way to get the DMX (or Net2) information in to the Union for it to record the snapshot. That should not be affected by the console controlling the houselight dimmers via Net3, unless you made a physical change like unplugging a cable.

Your best solution would be to call ETC tech services while you are in the space, with the ETC job number if you know it (might be on the dimmer racks) and go through troubleshooting with them. They can pull up system drawings and see how everything was commissioned and how to get back to a working state.

-Todd

• I'm sorry... I've read this a few times and I feel as if you contradicted yourself, so I had to follow up. ( You probably thought I was dumber than I am, hence my confusion. )

Let me boil this down to the real question.... Unison needs a DMX signal (or Net2) and is not using Sensor feedback data to record a Snapshot?

So when I patched everything on the console to output only Net3, that deprived the Unison system of a DMX signal to process?

Thanks for the help! I can think of about 6 different solutions to this problem, but I had to find one my TD could work with and that's the hard part. The manual showed me how it worked but not why it worked. I appreciate the insight!

• Sorry if I was unclear- Unison does not use any dimmer feedback - it needs either a DMX or Net2 input to be able to record those values in a snapshot.

• No worries. That's what I thought you meant, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

Reply Children
No Data
Related