Unison Legacy, Paradigm and GrandMA3

Hi,

Currently we are running a Unison Legacy System with multiple touch and button screens and we have an Expression with Emphasis to do the programming.  We are looking to update our system to accommodate newer fixtures with larger parameters at the same time we would be keeping our Classic ETC Sensor Racks.  My questions are as follows:

If we update to the Paradigm system, can i use a GrandMA3 on PC to do the programming (as i was doing with the Expression for the Unison Legacy) to update preset information on a common network (also i know that i need a GrandMA3 node to unlock the GrandMA3 programming)

Also, doing things in stages, could the Unison Legacy system be programmed by an GrandMA3?  

Thanks,

Parents
  • If your Expression with Emphasis connects to your system via DMX, you could unplug the DMX from that console and connect it to your MA3 node and it should work the same.

If your Emphasis server connects to your lighting system via the ETCNet2 network, you would need an ETCNet2 input node to take DMX from the MA3 node and put it back on the lighting network as the MA3 cannot speak ETCNet2 natively.

Updating to Paradigm, you would be able to send sACN to Paradigm from the MA3 without needing to translate to DMX first.

• Great, thankyou Starksk,  thats exactly what i wanted to know, and yes everything currently is via an ETCNet2 network.  But as a follow up question I would like to know if it would also be necessary to upgrade my ETC CEM Classic Sensor  to a CEM3 to accomodate the sACN?

• Natively, yes you would need to update the CEM Classic to CEM3 to gain a network connection.

Otherwise, you would only need to update the Net2 node providing DMX to the CEM Classic to be a Net3/sACN capable gateway.

Reply Children
No Data
Related