P-LS and E-LS positioning in a room

Isn't there a handy white paper about responsive control layout planning I could hand my EC? 

There's a question about how close to a window he'd have to worry about placing the daylight sensor. My gut is that we can adjust in programming.

Parents
  • Hi Ian,

There aren't really any cut-and-dry rules for the physical placement of daylight sensors.

As far as best practice guides go, the best one out there is IES LP-3-20 Lighting Practice: Designing and Specifying Daylighting for Buildings. But even that one doesn’t really get too deep into the physical placement of daylight sensors.

My recommendation is to place the daylight sensor as close to the center of the daylight zone as possible. Just make sure it isn’t blocked by columns or other architecture that would place the censor in shadow. Also, if there is an indirect component to the lighting, make sure the daylight sensor is not directly above the lights or that will create a feedback loop that will negate the effect of the sensor.

Other than that, just try to get it as centrally located as possible and know that a few feet here or there isn’t really going to have much of an impact at all. You are correct that a lot of the adjustment can be done in the programming.

• Hi Ian,

There aren't really any cut-and-dry rules for the physical placement of daylight sensors.

As far as best practice guides go, the best one out there is IES LP-3-20 Lighting Practice: Designing and Specifying Daylighting for Buildings. But even that one doesn’t really get too deep into the physical placement of daylight sensors.

My recommendation is to place the daylight sensor as close to the center of the daylight zone as possible. Just make sure it isn’t blocked by columns or other architecture that would place the censor in shadow. Also, if there is an indirect component to the lighting, make sure the daylight sensor is not directly above the lights or that will create a feedback loop that will negate the effect of the sensor.

Other than that, just try to get it as centrally located as possible and know that a few feet here or there isn’t really going to have much of an impact at all. You are correct that a lot of the adjustment can be done in the programming.

Children
No Data
Related