Controlling Unison Foundry Mini Panel to Color source AV 40

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me get control of my architectural lights (house lights) via my color source AV 40 console. At the moment, we use Echo Access and a wall panel to control the architectural lights but would like to be able to control through the board so audience members do not press the wall panel.  Any help would be appreciated. 

• This may or may not be possible depending how your system was installed and the parts and pieces are connected. Sometimes the console and architectural can be joined sometimes they are left independent on purpose.

Can you tell us more about your setup or any photos and/or who installed it?

The best option may be to go back to the ETC Dealer or contractor that supplied the gear as they probably have the system riser of how everything is connected. 

• Thank you so much for your reply. I just started working at this theatre so may take time to get that information. I will update soon. 

• We are happy to help, just let us know Rebekah!

• Here are some pictures, I can get close ups if this is too difficult to see. I am trying to get a system riser or contract information now. Thank you for your time!

• Hi Rebekah,

Riser drawings would indeed be helpful here. Based on these images, I would guess that the wiring is not in place for you to take DMX in from your console to control your house lights. In the second image you posted, there is a device just above the voltage barrier called a Scene Controller. There are two ports on that device: the port on the right side is the output, and as you can see, has a DMX cable connected to it. The left side is the input, which doesn't have anything connected. This suggests to me that you would need an additional DMX run from your console into the Scene Controller for you to get control of those fixtures.

That said, there are other ways for the system to control the house lights. However, without knowing more details about the wiring of your system, it's difficult to say for sure.

If you would like, shoot me an email with the name of your venue and if you happen to know who did the installation. I can dig into this a bit and see if we can connect you to the person that did the installation to find out what it would take to get you up and running.

shawn.fernandez@etcconnect.com

Thanks!
    Shawn

Related