Sending UDP from EOS to Paradigm

I have a few UDP commands setup in my Paradigm System that interface with a few IO gateways and some switches in the room.  I am trying to get a console to send the same command to the Unison Processor.  I see the command come in, but it doesn't do anything to the system.  

What am I missing?

Ryan

• A few questions since it's not entirely clear from your post which direction things are flowing:

• Is your Paradigm system sending UDP strings to the IO gateways, or is it receiving UDP strings from the IO gateways?
    • What is the command and specific formatting you've set up in your console?
    • Where are you "seeing the command come in" at?

Usually when UDP strings fail to execute it's either due to improper formatting of the string itself, or using the incorrect end-of-message character. For example...by default Eos appends the carriage return+ line feed (CR+LF) to the end of all strings by default if not other EOM character is defined. Paradigm can be configured to either look for CR, or LF, or CR+LF, so if Eos isn't sending the matching EOM character, then the message won't execute.

• I am triggering the IO to send the UDP messages to the Processor.  

Command is

"udp:off_C°

°"

I see the command get trigged in the Paradigm Web Interface Log and it matches the command that the IO is sending out, but the CR and LF probably don't show up as anything in the log.

The processor is setup as a CR, which is probably the issue.  is there a place to change the default EOS command?

Thanks

r

• The link below should contain all the information you need to properly configure UDP strings in Eos. The short of it is you need to add \x0d to the end of your string to define a carriage return. If Paradigm is properly receiving commands from the IO gateways then you can also check the gateway's settings in Concert to confirm which EOM character it's using. You're looking for the "Analog UDP Terminator" property there.

support.etcconnect.com/.../Configuring_An_Eos_Family_Console_To_Output_UDP_Strings_To_Paradigm

Related